Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14th The next day

So I probably should of started blogging from the day I left, which I will try harder to now, because it helps me to write things down on paper :) Today was a good day...Pastor Fukamori sense's son came today, and he will be here for a week to help translate!! PRAISE THE LORD!! the more I understand the little Japanese I know....the more confusing it is!!! They read two different ways...traditional which is up and down and from left to right....or more modern way is the way we Americans read...right to left.....so anyway....I talked with April and Lisa Monroy on skype today which was by far the COOLEST thing EVER!!! it was just cool to see familiar faces!!!! AAAHHH!! I worked on my English classes which will start on Wednesday....and also passed out about 150 flyers with information about me teaching English to people around town...and will do the same tomorrow morning!! The food here is good...they eat a lot of tofu, which is ok, not my favorite....but they eat a LOT of vegetables...which is probably why people are so healthy here!!! people walk or ride their bike everywhere here...but the roads here are much wider, and more people drive here....because the towns in Hokido are spread out....no subway/or trains....only buses. I did get to be by myself today to which was cool....I went to like a gas station/convenience store and bought my first coke here in hokido...and let me just tell you it tasted like HEAVEN!!!! they drink tea here at every meal, with no sugar, which takes some getting used to, but it's not too bad....things here in Hokido are definitely cheaper than Tokyo...which is understandable....ok to really to explain things I need to take some pictures to give everyone an idea of just what this house looks like, because it reminds me of the small houses they probably built back in the early 1900's. Their house is all on the second floor....and they have a seperate room for the toilet, and seperate room for the sink...(actually the sink is not really separate from anything...it is only separated by a curtain.....and the bath is separate and quite interesting.....the Japanese people like to soak and take LONG HOT baths....now let me tell you it is HOT....well it's pretty much boiling water in a tub that you jump into!!! because the pastor here at the church doesn't have the shower hooked up....it's all baths, or bucket baths, because the water really is too hot for me!!!! YIKES!! I don't want my skin to fall off just yet!!! ok so that about explains most things here....there truly is BEAUTIFUL landscape here....and mountains in the background....which I feel like this place could be put in Colorado and be fine except for the language and food!!! :) the pastor here is also really really cool because yesterday at church he got down with the teens and started playing the bass guitar!!!! IT WAS AWESOME!!! Pray for me!!! I hope the church gets a lot of people for English classes!! I'm hoping for 20 people!!! I love and miss you all!!!!! In Jesus' name!!!! AMEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment