Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What's in a Name....

OK, so for the past week I have really been thinking a lot about names....and what they mean...and even to know my own name and what it means. As a teacher I hear a lot of unique, different, popular, crazy-spellings of children's names...and often wonder WHY...or HOW they got their name, and the story behind it....because believe it or not...there is always a story...just ask almost anyone, and if not...have them ask their parents...because it's a story, let me tell you!! Back in the day before they had sonograms, my parents had went into the hospital with two different names, in case I was a boy.... my mom had picked out my name.....it was to be Seth, and my dad picked out my name if I was a girl, Crystal....ok so not a really BIG story....but there is a lot in a name believe it or not....Just think of the name of Jesus....I believe that once we are a Christian, we are like Christ, a new creation, and He gives us a new name In Him....Just like Simon's name changed to Peter...and Saul's name changed to Paul....we become a new person, with a new name in Christ....that is just SOO COOL to me!!!!! DUDE!!!! I'm glad I'm a new person in Christ!!!! In the bible Philippians 2:9-11 it says this....

"Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father"

Now if God really does mean that..and He does :) ....then truly bend it or break it....we will all bow...every man woman and child....on our knees before God and confess Jesus as Lord....now there is some CRAZY power in His name!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment