Tuesday, February 16, 2010

So.....what are you giving up for lent??!!!

Hey folks!!!!!!

God is good....All the time...and all the time....God is good!!!!! I guess today I've just been thinking about doing more for God....drawing closer to Him.....I think today was just a good day to think about that...well today being Fat Tuesday....but also because I found myself in the last few weeks spending more time on face book, and I feel like I've been putting God on hold......it's like one day a few weeks ago I was going to read the bible...but I was on face book....and I'm like, "sure I'll get to that God...give me just a few minutes" and a few minutes turned into over an hour, and I was almost late to choir practice because of it!! GEEZ!! WHO KNEW face book could be so addicting....not that I'm saying facebook is the devil in a red suit with a pitchfork or anything, but just I think it can be a distraction from devoting time with God each day....even this morning I had to tell myself I'm going to try to not be on facebook....and it worked for awhile :) so....in essence I'm saying all that to say that I am going to give up facebook except on Fridays for lent, and also eating out completely!!! HELP ME JESUS!!!! LORDY LORDY LOOK WHO'S FORTY!!! :) I feel that's what God is pushing me to do....I just want people to pray and think about....what are you going to give up for lent??!! I want God to do amazing things in my life this year...and it starts by me taking a step toward Him, a small sacrifice....God will take our little and turn it into a WHOLE HUGE lot...if only we give it to him first.....without the kicking and screaming :) hee-hee!!


Quote by Elder Cloward

"The key to faith is what we are willing to sacrifice to obtain it."

I will have to update this blog, and let people know how this goes!!!! Kinda a little crazy for me to do this!!!! YIKES!!!!! But God is a good God and will help us in our time of need!!! AMEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment