Monday, February 14, 2011

Unsettled

Hey folks,

I know everyone has heard the news about what is going on in Egypt, but the more I read about it, the more concerned I become about the implications this could have not only on the country of Egypt, but also for the surrounding North African countries and ultimately as rain trickles down it will affect us here in the United States. This political unrest has actually been going on for about a month now, and even a month before that the same rallies were happening in Tunisia where right now over 5,000 people have fled the country by ship, heading to Italy's beaches. All this information may seem overwhelming but at least for me, it points me back to how much I need to pray:

We need to pray for the country's leaders, for the powers that be, for the thousands right now that stand in harms way, that this in some way, would be a turning point for many people to reach out to Jesus Christ, and that the gospel would continue to spread even in the midst of the country's chaos. When we pray, that is when God moves. We have not because we ask not. I know I have a lot of needs when I pray, but I also have to remember I am not one this earth alone, and there are millions upon millions of people who need a fresh encounter with Jesus Christ, who is the Author of our Salvation, He is the healer, the Peacemaker, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace, the Lord of Lords, and the King of Kings. I need to be mindful to pray not only for this country but for the entire world.


God Speed,

Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment