Saturday, May 14, 2011

Humbled, and in Awe....

Today I watched with probably hundreds of thousands of people across the world, David Wilkerson's home-going service, at Times Square Church....I must say it was very touching, moving, and most of all encouraging. I am amazed by this man's full on passion and fire for Jesus and the following of His Holy Spirit. David Wilkerson seemed to be a man of few words...but oh, how important and life-changing those words were, and still are today!! His words to just a mere boy, on the streets of New York, when he said to Nicky Cruz..."I came to tell you God loves you Nicky, and even if you cut me into a thousand pieces, every piece would still love you!!" How those words changed the entire life of one of the worst gang members in all of New York City! How then, if we would use those same LIFE GIVING words, to tell people everywhere we go, simply that God Loves You!!! If we would just be real with people, share our own joys and hurts with others, and be a torch-bearer, a light if you will, to shine and give hope to people who desperately need it!

I think after just watching brother Dave's service....three things were evident in his life, and I want those things to be desperately evident for the rest of my life....is 1) his generosity to others, 2) his simple, genuine love for ALL people, and 3) his deep love for Jesus Christ and His Holy Word. I have been passed a torch that has been lit, and it is my job to keep the torch burning and pass it on to others!! Truly all that matters to me is Jesus, loving Him with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength......and loving others....and telling them Christ loves them....some people might get caught up in things, or fame, or money of this world, but Lord, in reality none of that matters, next to you!!!! If I could shout it from the roof-top, and on the street and in my car...it would be that I LOVE JESUS, I LOVE JESUS, I LOVE JESUS!!!! HE IS MY ALL, HE IS MY EVERYTHING, HE IS MY LIFE, THE REASON I LIVE!!! GLORY TO GOD ALMIGHTY!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment