Monday, September 13, 2010

Today: Location....Starbucks...my home away from home....

So I have been reading for my ISOM classes....I've spent more time that I'd like to at Starbucks reading, and reading....and reading some more.....but I believe good things happen when you read....YOU LEARN!! HEE-HEE!! IMAGINE THAT!!! but it is good to learn none-the-less!! but anyway....why is it that when you truly read the bible, you come away different....I believe that it should happen every time when we read God's inspired Word!!!! When I truly encounter Jesus when reading the scriptures....it changes me!!! or at least I want to change, and with the Holy Spirit leading I will!! :) but I think to change anything beyond ourselves, takes what the apostle Paul had....or exemplified in the bible.....Dependence, and Discipline!! Dependence on God...and Discipline to daily walk out His Christ-filled life with prayer and devotion to Our Creator!! I need that for sure!!!

Some Quotes/Thoughts from today:

"Opportunities should be approached in two ways--to seize them and to build them"

"Communicating Christ clearly involves both clarity and sincerity. Our message is not only WHAT we say, but also HOW we say it and who we ARE!"

Believers should pray in these ways:

1. pray specifically and regularly for non-believers we know
2. pray for divine appointments
3.pray for each other

BOTTOM LINE: PRAYER IS ESSENTIAL FOR OUR CHRISTIAN LIVES, AND FOR EVANGELISM!!!! Unless God works in our hears and lives, our work will not produce lasting results!!

1 comment: