Monday, September 20, 2010

TALKING ON THE PHONE....

Hey folks,

My job, in the last few days, has got me thinking about the government and Jesus.....weird and strange combination, I know but, still something to blog/think about.....It is just odd to me, that to get things done at the business level, you have to go to the top, and even then, that doesn't work. In my job now I have to talk on the phone to managers/owners of different businesses in town. Which is fine, but when I ask them to do something, it's like they automatically say "OH, WELL WE CAN'T DO THAT...THAT'S DONE IN CORPORATE OFFICES...IN FLORIDA, OR INDIA....or wherever it may be....and then they give you an 800 number that puts you through an automated system, then you get transferred two or three different times to the correct person that you need to speak to, and then.....LOW AND BEHOLD, YOU GET....(drum roll please)...TA DA TA DA....THEIR ANSWERING MACHINE!!!! WOAH!!! WOW....now you have to speak to an answering machine where the person on the other line and easily delete your message or in some cases take a week to respond to you message......so this is corporate America.....what ever happened when you could walk into a business, and speak with the owner, and get things done, and not have to get the run around.....

I am SO THANKFUL AND GLAD that our Heavenly Father does not have an answering machine, or ever goes on vacation, or steps out of the office, or is to busy with other people to notice our prayers, our needs, our hurts, our desires......Our Lord CARES....truly I believe it, even if things don't work out the way we planned, or in the timing that we want it to!! It's like the Hillsong lyrics from Tear Down the Walls that say...

Cause I don't need to see it to believe it..
I don’t need to see it to believe it
Cause I can’t shake this fire burning Deep inside my heart
This life is Yours and hope is rising As Your glory floods our hearts
Let love tear down these walls That all creation would Come back to You It’s all for You

We don't have to see or have life planned out where we will be 5 or 10 years from now....I believe life is about letting God direct you to go, and then me having enough courage to follow wherever He is leading me......no matter if people understand it, no matter if people like me or not....no matter what the circumstance....I believe what the bible says in James 4:7-8, 10

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up

When we Draw near to God He will draw near to us.....but notice the bible does not say WHEN WE DRAW NEAR....it just says simply....DRAW NEAR....that is what we are to do.....it is not an IF/THEN situation.......the more I live the Christian life....and follow God, and the direction of the Holy Spirit.....the more things become a matter of just plain discipline.....and dependence.

No comments:

Post a Comment