Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I feel a....blog coming on!!! :)

Hey!!

I feel like I could blog and talk about this day, and so many things that happened, both good and bad, it would take like 4 or 5 pages to tell....but I will try to summarize.....

My life verse for today: Philippians 2:3 Do not be selfish: don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.

I think a lot of today has to deal with being selfish, and wanting things for selfish motives and reasons. I think all I need to know is that I am a sinner, in need of a savior, Jesus Christ. In the bible Philippians 2:5-7 "You must have the same attitude that Jesus Christ had, though he was God, he did not think of equality of God as something to be cling to, Instead he gave up his divine privileges and was born as a human being, When he appeared in human form he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal's death on a cross."


Jesus was Self-less, not Self-ish I think selfishness is the root of a lot sins we commit today....we steal, cheat, lie, attack others, have anger, bitterness, envy, and pride issues, because we are selfish, and want to make ourselves look better than what we are, or we truly don't know who we are, because we don't look to God as the source of our identity from the get go.

Ok I confess.....My feelings were hurt. I feel left out, not belonging to any group or anything....so you think...no big deal, so what, get over it......and you're right for thinking that....ya know that's just life, people hurt you, whether on purpose or by accident.....but still they hurt you.....and sometimes when it's friends....it takes a while to let it all go, and look at the person, not based on anything previous....to truly forgive and forget.....all I can say is that throughout my life I need a lot of people to forgive me, because I've made many many mistakes, many things I have said wrong......and the only thing to do...is to forgive....I have to do my part to make amends, to admit I am wrong, to say I'm sorry....and to repent. but that in case: It is easier said than done.....but I truly believe that in order to forward in our spiritual lives we must learn the lesson of forgiveness. Lack of forgiveness creates a crack or hole in our spiritual walk with God that will continue to grow until it is mended or taken care of. Jesus....help me to learn the power of true forgiveness.


Genesis 50:17

This is what you are to say to Joseph: I ask you to forgive your brothers the sins and the wrongs they committed in treating you so badly.' Now please forgive the sins of the servants of the God of your father." When their message came to him, Joseph wept.

Forgiveness is something we need to do: As Joseph's brother did in the bible, humbling as it was.....we are do that to others, weather they need it or not, whether we feel like it or not.....better to forgive sooner than later.....As God has forgiven us, so we should forgive others.....I know it is easier said than done, but better done than not done. Lord forgive me of my selfishness today!!!

Over and Out,

CH

1 comment: